Ridgetop’s Adaptive Remaining Useful Life Estimator (ARULE) is a powerful reasoner to determine the remaining useful life (RUL) and state of health (SoH) of complex systems. Working from acquired sensor data, ARULE employs an advanced prediction method related to extended Kalman filtering (EKF) to produce new RUL and SoH estimates for each new sensor data point.
ARULE is versatile and can be used for determining electronic and mechanical fatigue damage. The reasoner calculates fault-to-failure progression (FFP) signatures, accurate RUL (time-to-failure) estimates, and SoH estimates, which provide an early warning indicator for system maintenance personnel to schedule service to the system prior to catastrophic failure.
ARULE relies on diagnostic sensor data and a predefined model to produce an RUL estimate. It requires a sensor to “sense” data that are above a predefined “good-as-new” floor and below a “failed” ceiling. A new RUL estimate is produced based on changes to the model space; additionally, the new RUL estimate is used to produce a new SoH estimate.
ARULE is part of Ridgetop’s prognostics and health management (PHM) family of tools called Sentinel Suite™. In particular, ARULE is an integral part of Sentinel Power™, Sentinel Motion™ and Sentinel IT™, for advanced diagnostics and prognostics for power systems, rotational/vibrating systems, and networks, respectively.
- Power systems
- Battery management systems
- Actuator control systems
- Industrial automation systems
Click here to contact us, or visit the links below for more information.
Selected White Papers
- Adaptive Remaining Useful Life Estimator (ARULE™)
- Practical Application of PHM-Prognostics to COTS Power Converters
- A Model-based Avionic Prognostic Reasoner (MAPR)
- Prognostic-Enabling of an Electrohydrostatic Actuator (EHA) System
- AN107: Advanced Diagnostic/Prognostic Solutions for Information Technology (IT) UPS & Power Supply Systems
- AN106: Advanced Diagnostic/Prognostic Solutions for Complex Information Technology (IT) Networks
- AN103: IGBT Prognostics Used in Trains and Traction Drive Systems
- AN102: MTBF and Prognostics – Comparison
- Ridgetop Group Develops Fast and Accurate Prognostic Algorithm to Reduce Costs of Aviation Electronics Maintenance
Check any of the following titles you would like to read and submit your email at the bottom of this list. We will send you an email with your requested information. The email link will expire in one week.
Links to IEEE and AutoTestCon conference presentations on this subject can be found in our Resource Library
- ARULE (Adaptive Remaining Useful Life Estimator) – ATTF (Advanced Time-to-Failure) to Diagnose and Predict System Health
- Die Level: ProChek™ semiconductor process characterization system; PDKChek™ die-level process monitors
- Component Level: Sentinel Silicon™ die-level “canary” cells; TSV BIST™ intermittency monitors
- Board Level: SJ BIST™ intermittency monitors (part of Sentinel Interconnect™)
- Module Level: Sentinel Motion™ and Sentinel Power™ sensors and analysis software
- System Level: RailSafe™ Integrity Analysis Platform, Sentinel Network™ network management tools (part of Sentinel IT™)