Sentinel Motion is a product line that focuses on monitoring and analyzing temperature, acceleration, and other data signatures in various types of mission critical equipment. Sentinel Motion comprises a wireless network of IoT-enabled smart sensors, the Sentinel Gateway communications device, and the Sentinel MotionView software package. This innovative toolbox is a part of the Sentinel Suite family of prognostic health management (PHM) solutions, and can help to keep your equipment running at optimal health while also minimizing system downtime and catastrophic failures.
Rotating and vibrating components wear out over time in nearly all electromechanical systems and subsystems. In many applications, these components may be difficult to access and are very expensive to service, maintain, and/or replace. Preventive maintenance performed on a regular schedule is common, but can be needless if the components in question are still healthy with substantial remaining operational life. With Sentinel Motion, you can monitor and diagnose common failure modes to determine the current health of a given system, and perform maintenance based on physical evidence of degradation as opposed to an arbitrary number of operating hours.
Sensors and Other Hardware
RotoSense™: RotoSense is a wireless smart sensor that allows for easy extraction of high-resolution acceleration and temperature data signatures from rotating or vibrating components. It can be mounted on a rotating shaft (e.g., on a pinion gear) or tangentially (e.g., on a planetary gear).
Sentinel Gateway™: Sentinel Gateway is a hub used to communicate with wireless sensors from Ridgetop or other sensor providers. It supports the IEEE 801.15.4 wireless communication protocol and can communicate with an entire subnet of RotoSense smart sensors.
Sentinel MotionView Application Software
Sentinel MotionView™: Sentinel MotionView is a visualization tool to display data collected by the sensor and to monitor changes in performance.
ARULE™: Ridgetop’s patented Adaptive Remaining Useful LIfe Estimator™ (ARULE) calculates a system’s state of health (SoH) and remaining useful life (RUL) based on RotoSense waveform data.
Sentinel Motion is ideal for many applications, including:
- Sensing tool wear, chatter, or spindle balance in CNC machines
- Real-time down-hole vibration monitoring in oil and gas exploration
- Vibrational signatures in rotating shafts
- Detection of train wheel track condition and other anomalies
- Gearbox monitoring in helicopters
- Wind turbine monitoring
For more information, click here to contact us directly or follow the links below.
Overviews and Brochure
- RotoSense Rotational Vibration Sensor
- ARULE™ – Adaptive Remaining Useful Life Reasoner for PHM Applications
Related Product Pages
- ARULE™ – Adaptive Remaining Useful Life Estimator
- Sentinel Suite™ Family of Advanced Diagnostics and Prognostics Tools
White Papers and Related Publications
- Evaluation of MEMS-Based Wireless Accelerometer Sensors in Detecting Gear Tooth Faults in Helicopter Transmissions
- Advanced Diagnostics and Anomaly Detection for Railroad Safety Applications
- Ruggedized and Improved MEMS-based Sensors for Rolling Stock
- Ridgetop Group Debuts Mobile Application in Apple Store
- Ridgetop Group Announces New Products for Rail Safety Improvements
- New Solution for Monitoring Performance of Gear Trains and Complex Rotary Systems
- 2011 NASA Program Phase 2 awards press release
- Wireless Sensors Pinpoint Rotorcraft Troubles (Article in NASA Spinoff Magazine)