Sentinel Network is a web application that combines network monitoring and prognostic health management (PHM) technologies. The main feature of Sentinel Network is its ability to predict the remaining useful life of network assets such as power supply devices (UPS) and battery backups. This reduces network downtime by permitting condition-based maintenance of these critical assets prior to catastrophic failure. Sentinel Network is part of the Sentinel IT™ product line.
Sentinel Network monitoring technology includes network discovery, IT asset inventory, and real-time device health monitoring.
A baseline network configuration is committed to the Sentinel Network database after initial network discovery. An SNMP agent is used to retrieve WMI data from IT devices. A built-in troubleshooter will resolve switch configuration management issues. The application also generates three types of alerts, which are sent via email to notify network administrators about events in the network.
Features and Benefits
Sentinel Network comprises different features that enable users to proactively manage their network.
The discovery features allow users to be aware of the assets connected or disconnected from the network. This allows a better inventory of the network devices. Sentinel Network also includes two types of monitoring: Lightweight and Full. These features permit the user to monitor events occurring in the network.
Sentinel Network offers several benefits for companies to help reduce costs. The main feature of Sentinel Network is prognostics, which helps to:
- Reduce maintenance cost
- Minimize downtime cost
- Enable efficient maintenance planning
- REMOTE MONITORING: A web application that can be accessed remotely from any computer on the local network or through the internet.
- NETWORK MANAGEMENT: Offers a more efficient and effective way to manage your network.
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: Graphic representation of IT devices’ performance, such as CPU, memory, hard drive and more.
- CUSTOMIZED THRESHOLDS: Allows users to establish thresholds to monitor your network devices’ state of health.
- PREDICTION: The only network monitoring software that offers prognostics and health management (PHM). The application uses a complex algorithm to predict the remaining useful life of power supplies (or UPS battery backup) within a network.
- ZERO DOWNTIME :Network discovery, network configuration monitoring, WMI and registry monitoring, etc. Generate three classes of alerts crtical, warning, and informational. The administrotor specifies the content of the email alert to include relevant location and fault information.
- TROUBLESHOOTING: Ability to perform troubleshooting actions for switches.
For more information, contact us directly, or visit the links below.
Overviews and Brochure
Related Product Pages
- Sentinel IT™, a product line that provides solutions for improving IT network reliability and network health management (NHM).
- Sentinel Suite™Family of Advanced Diagnostics and Prognostics Tools
- Sentinel IT
- Sentinel Motion™, a product line that includes wireless vibration and motion signature monitoring sensors, prognostic reasoners, and a visualization tool
- Sentinel Power™, a product line for monitoring power systems, providing diagnostics and prognostics analysis and visualization.
- Sentinel Interconnect™, a product line that includes embedded monitors for detecting intermittencies and degradation in crucial system interconnects, and a visualization tool
- ARULE™ – Adaptive Remaining Useful Life Estimator