Ultra-High Efficiency DC/DC Converter Circuit
The Ridgetop DC-DC switching converter/power supply design meets demanding requirements for size, efficiency, and voltage range, and greatly exceeds the performance of similar commercial products.
Combined with modern CMOS processing technology, ultra-small form factors can now be achieved, while maintaining high efficiency by use of small-area switching transistors. Built-in battery monitoring features allow the equipment in which it is deployed to determine the strength of the battery and predict when wear-out might occur. Using an on-chip digital-to-analog converter (DAC), we can take in a digital word and compare this voltage with the output voltage. Then we can modulate the output pass transistor that is used to set the output voltage. In this way, we can derive virtually any output voltage within the output range.
This DC/DC converter intellectual property is part of Ridgetop’s InstaCell™ library of analog/mixed signal design blocks.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Wide range of DC input levels supported: 1.5 to 15 V
- User-selectable regulated output voltage range of 2 to 6 V
- Advanced, reconfigurable, 99% efficiency low-power supply
- For use in many portable applications requiring long battery life
- Field-programmable inductorless DC/DC design
- Initial design for XFAB XC06 0.6 μm –available in other processes
- Switched-capacitor converter serves applications below 200 mA of current
For more information, please contact us or follow the links below.
- ADC Technology Overview
- Radiation-Hardened (Rad-Hard) Electronics Capabilities
- FYRE Semiconductor Catalog
Related product briefs
- 14-bit ADC/VGA, 40 MS/s, TSMC 180 nm IP Core
- Rad-Hard Programmable SiGe ADC, 3 GS/s at 12-bit, 500 MS/s at 14-bit Resolution
- 12-bit, 650 MS/s, Rad-Hard SiGe ADC, IBM 130 nm IP Core
- Rad-Hard Adjustable Sample Rate ADC, 12-bit, Ultra-Low Power
- 16-bit DAC, 100 KS/s TSMC 250 nm IP Core
- ADC 10-bit, 4 MS/s, TSMC 0.25 µm IP Core
- Digital to Analog Converters
- Analog to Digital Converters
- InstaCell™ Library of Analog and Mixed Signal IP Cores
- nanoDFM™ Foundry-Independent Tools for Yield Improvement
- PDKChek™ Foundry-Independent Die-Level Monitors
- YieldMaxx™ Die-Level Process Monitor Visualization
- Sentinel Silicon™ Die-Level Reliability Monitors
- ProChek™ Semiconductor Process Reliability Characterization System