Ridgetop Group offers a range of digital-to-analog converter (ADC) intellectual property (IP) blocks, including radiation-hardened blocks. Architectures includes delta-sigma and current steering.
RG16100: DAC 16-BIT, 100 KSPS, TSMC 250 NM IP CORE
Ridgetop’s audio DAC uses delta-sigma architecture. As shown in the illustration above, the DAC uses a digital interpolation filter, a digital second-order delta-sigma modulator, and a 32-tap analog reconstruction filter FIR. A fourth-order modulator is available to decrease oversampling ratio if the application requires. Applications for this core include audio commercial electronics, industrial control, and automotive.
Features and Benefits
- 16 bits of resolution (14-bit accuracy)
- 100 KSps sampling rate
- Second-order digital delta-sigma modulator
- TSMC 250 nm mixed-signal process
- 3.0-3.6 V analog supply voltage
- 2.25-2.75 V digital supply voltage
- Area 0.8 mm2
- Signal-to-noise: 94 dB at 50 kHz
- Signal-to-noise and distortion: 92 dB at 50 kHz Input
For more information, please click here or visit the links below.
- ADC Technology Overview
- Radiation-Hardened (Rad-Hard) Electronics Capabilities
- FYRE Semiconductor Catalog