The Ridgetop TDDB prognostic cell is a pad-limited CMOS leakage detection cell. It is part of the Sentinel Silicon™ library of prognostic (“canary”) cells.
Its unique and proprietary architecture behaves as an early-warning “sentinel” of upcoming gate oxide failure. The amount of pre-warning is dependent on the prognostic distance, which depends on the area and the stress voltage.
The Ridgetop TDDB prognostic cell is designed to be co-located with the host circuit and subjected to the same environmental stresses. These environmental stresses contribute to aging of the circuit and can include over- and under-voltage conditions, transient spikes, radiation exposure, humidity, and excessive temperature conditions.
Features and Benefits
- Alerts upcoming gate oxide failure condition due to TDDB
- Consumes approximately 600 microwatts of power
- Efficient size at 500 μm2 at the 0.13 micron process size
- Scalable using design equation
- Detects both hard and soft breakdowns
For more information, please click here or follow the links below.
- Sentinel Silicon™ Die-Level Reliability Monitors
- NBTI Die-Level Reliability Monitor
- Hot Carrier Injection (HCI) Die-Level Reliability Monitor
- RadCell Fox™ Die-Level Reliability Monitor
- RadCell VT™ Die-Level Reliability Monitor