The Ridgetop Group Solution to Aerospace and Defense
Prognostics and Diagnostic Answers
Ridgetop is a well-recognized pioneer in the development of advanced prognostic and diagnostic solutions, and offers powerful answers addressing aerospace applications. By understanding root causes of failure for ICs, cabling, systems and susbsystems, along with our background in physics-to-failure technologies, our continued service and product catalouge allows us to meet any challenge associated with prediction and failure.
Ridgetop ensures comprehensive prognostic-enabled systems that can be used in a wide variety of applications by addressing key issues, such as:
- Precursor signatures or multivariate inputs from degraded systems
- Historic and trending data for fine-tuned analysis
- Factors like state-of-health and remaining useful life measured to generate prognostic metrics
How Ridgetop is Ready
With Ridgetop’s Sentinel Suite™, designers can extract degradation signatures and calibrate sensitive software modules that can monitor module performance. As the modules degrade from aging effects or environmental stress, the embedded code can indicate the state of health (SoH) and remaining useful life (RUL) for the module, the NightHawk NFF Reduction Tool can isolate and identify hard-to-find ‘soft’ faults conventional TPS cannot and the CPT1000™ avionics troubleshooting system quickly identifies faults in military and commercial aircraft.
Different Sensors for Different Needs in Aerospace: Understanding Harsh Environments
Ridgetop’s diagnostic technology addresses a wide variety of applications that range from physical degradation signatures such as vibrational/rotational and stress-and-strain to rad-hardened systems that serve in near-Earth, radiation environments.
Space-based systems require that the electronics be “hardened” against incident radiation effects, so Ridgetop offers rad-hardened intellectual property (IP) design blocks for high performance analog and mixed signal ICs as part of our InstaCell™ library. Our ProChek™ system assesses the tolerance of semiconductor devices to radiation and other degradation mechanisms, helping systems designers determine the suitability of a particular fabrication process and design the optimal reliability mitigation strategies. The Sentinel Silicon™ library consists of die-level “canary cells” that can notify the host system of impending failure due to radiation and intrinsic wear-out. Ridgetop has also performed studies on radiation effects and vulnerability assessments for its customers.
The Semiconductor FYRE catalog provides more examples of Ridgetop’s IC technology for aerospace applications.
Ridgetop Provides Maintenance, Repair Overhaul
Ridgetop’s design processes are ISO9001- and AS9100C-compliant. In addition, Ridgetop has delivered DO-178-compliant designs for use in commercial aircraft. Ridgetop has assisted its aerospace customers by providing products, design services, training, and support.
With over 16 years experience delivering new technologies to system integrators, OEMs and government agencies, we have been able to identify and solve key challenges in a variety of electrical and electronic systems. Our technology reduces the frequency of No Fault Found (NFF) and Could Not Duplicate (CND) conditions, improving overall reliability and robustness while saving customers life-time maintenance costs, reducing equipment downtime and minimizing critical mission failure.
Click here to contact us, or following the links below for additional information.
Brochures and Catalogs
- Why Finding Fault Is A Good Thing (Article in U.S. Air Force Launch Stories)
- Wireless Sensors Pinpoint Rotorcraft Troubles (Article in NASA Spinoff Magazine)
Selected White Papers
Check the titles you would like to read and submit your email at the bottom of this list. We will send you an email with your requested information. The email link will expire in one week.[email-download download_id=”2931,2937,2943,2946″ contact_form_id=”2949″]
- Die Level
- Component Level
- Sentinel Silicon™ die-level “canary” cells
- TSV BIST™ intermittency monitors
- InstaCell™ IP library for analog and mixed-signal ICs
- Board Level
- SJ BIST™ intermittency monitors (part of Sentinel Interconnect™)
- Module Level
- Sentinel Motion™ diagnostic and prognostic tools including RotoSense™ rotational vibration sensor and ARULE™ Adaptive Remaining Useful Life Estimator
- Sentinel Power™ diagnostic and prognostics tools including SMRT Probe 4000™ and ARULE™ Adaptive Remaining Useful Life Estimator
- System Level
- Sentinel Network™ network management tools (part of Sentinel IT™)
- CPT1000™ avionics troubleshooting tool